Monday, March 3, 2008

Brown water,

Diarrhea! Remember that commercial with the wimpy looking guy? Anyway the boy has had a bout with the trots over the last couple of weeks. It comes and goes almost by each poop. One is fine and the next is like water. He stopped eating his meals at one point and kept eating that long blade grass along fences. I know it's for heartburn and his digestion but it doesn't seem to help. My vet mentioned water borne parasites and ocean water as possibles. I know after a day at the beach he gets soft but it's over in a day. This has been over a week.

I've been taking him down to Waikiki to walk on the sidewalk with tourists and cars all around. He is still jumpy but he minds fairly well. Sometimes I need to coax him to sit at street crossings before we cross. And he keeps looking over his shoulder to see who's behind us. But he is so much better and doesn't try to pull away to run. And anyone approaching us from the front can get pretty close before he starts to hesitate. All in all he is getting much better with people in general. In fact the thing that's coming up is he wanders off and doesn't always want to return when I call him. I guess he's getting bolder and knows I'll be there to go after him. I know sometimes I've turned and left him off in the distance and he goes into a major panic looking for me when he realizes I'm gone. Oh well, I know I need to learn to be consistent and train him. Like this blog, sometimes I'm too lazy to put in the effort.

No comments: